Alex Abraham is a Leadership Coach based in Bangalore.
Alex has extensive Coaching experience in India, China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Mongolia, and Singapore (in eighteen years overseas).
Beyond the wide-ranging coaching experience of over 15 years on the Boards of major Multinational Corporations in India, Africa, the UK, and Arabia, Alex is a Marshall Goldsmith certified Coach. He has undertaken Executive Coaching assignments in India, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam, London and Philippines, working with CEO's, COO, Board Members and senior Directors/managers and SME’s. Major clients include Microsoft, Oracle, HSBC Sri Lanka, HCL, Infotech Enterprises, ITIL, Coca Cola, Mahindra & Mahindra, McAfee, Levi Strauss Philippines and Dal-Sterling London.
Alex works with successful leaders to help them find answers to their challenges. The coaching strategy (individually evolved) is founded on the proven premise that effective coaching should empower the successful leader achieve positive, measurable, sustainable change, that benefits him, his family and his team.
Business/Organizational and Leadership Experience
Alex worked initially with Tata Iron and Steel Co, Burmah-Shell. Then has 28 years with Unilever in General Management, Marketing, Sales, Distribution and Manufacture. He has worked across the globe - in Asia, Africa, the UK, Middle East GCC, China, Far East and Pacific Region. He has held positions of Marketing Controller,
Hindustan Lever Ltd, Director Marketing and Sales at Unilever in the GCC, Director Corporate Affairs and Director Frozen Products at Brooke Bond Lipton, Managing Director Cheeseborogh Ponds Zimbabwe. He has worked as an advisor for Unilever based initially in Jakarta and later Bangkok, Thailand, covering China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Mongolia; and as a consultant to Kimberly Clark Ltd in the Asia Pacific region for 3 years.
Alex is an engineer, BE Mechanical, with post graduate qualification from Tata Technical Institute; and attended management courses in India/ the UK, and MMP at Stanford University.
Languages & Interests
English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Bengali, English, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malay and Thai
* He is widely traveled (to over 80 countries) in pursuit of business, sport and adventure. (a sampler- including the 3 Olympic Games, 8 Grand Slams of Tennis, World Cup Football, 2 Grand Prix of Badminton, 4 Asian Games; White Water rafting in the Himalayas, Trekking across Mongolia, Ballooning over Africa.
* He has authored 3 books 'Breakfast in China', 'Awestruck on Orchard Road' and 'Talking Teapots'.
* He founded ‘ The Sahayatha Trust’ in Bangalore that works in 17 urban slums – in the area of micro finance, education, training, emergency medical aid, legal
literacy, women’s rights, grants and loans for education, medical relief, disaster relief operations.
* He teaches underprivileged children / young adults English and Life Skills at the Austin Town Government Primary School, Bangalore Community College. He organized education for and teaches (English and Social Studies) at the Karnataka Open School at Bangalore Club for tennis ball- boys preparing for the high school examinations.
* Alex is currently studying Ornithology at the Rishi Valley Education Center, AP.